12.4.11

Shredded Pork Chili

Now, I admit that cooking is not really my strong point...i'm more of an organizer, cleaner or decorator. BUT, for the sake of table decor for our wedding bash - I must cook with El Pato - (mexican tomato sauce).
Since we had about a pound of shredded pork leftover from a barbecue we went to last weekend, I decided to google "pulled pork and El Pato recipe". Hence the following:

Shredded Pork Chili

Ingredients:
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 - 7 3/4 oz. can El Pato Hot Mexican Tomato Sauce
1 - 7 3/4 oz. can El Pato Salsa de Jalepeno
1 - 15oz can Chili beans (we used Bush's mild chili beans)
1 - 15oz can black beans (rinsed) (Bush's as well)
1tsp. Mexican oregano (we used Cilantro)
Cooked shredded pork
1 - 15oz can petite diced tomatoes in rich sauce (opted this out --- Carlos hates tomatoes!)
Directions
1. Start with sauteing the onions in a little olive oil 
2. Add El Pato, tomatoes, beans and oregano
3. Add shredded pork
4. Stir, bring to simmer, cover, stirring occasionally - keep on stove till ready to eat.


We had the chili over yellow rice which is a Carlos and Wendy favorite (thanks to Aunt Lillian's Salsa Chicken recipe)
And of course, I topped mine with ranch dressing. Delicious and super easy...basically the only way I cook! Well, at least the super easy part. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks and sounds so good. I'll have to try that someday...maybe I'll wait until it gets colder again. Regardless...I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete